- 7 students of class XII and 5 students of class IX accompanied by Ms. Kamini Bhasin, Principal, DPSN and Ms. Tejinder Khosla, Senior Economics teacher and Ms. Vani Datta, Senior Physic teacher visited Wirtschafts Gymnasium and Wirtschaftsmittalschule, a Senior Secondary School located in Basel, Switzerland as a part of the 2nd Indo-Swiss Classroom Exchange Programme. The Indian delegation in Switzerland participated in vaious activities which included city tour of Basel, a visit to the Chocolate Factory, various cathedrals, Mt. Titlis and also attending various classes in school. They also went for an excursion to Colmar, France, Frieberg in Germany and Berne, capital of Switzerland. The students stayed with Swiss families and observed their customs and traditions closely.
- Khaitan Public School Noida hosted `Unplugged 8`, an Interschool IT event. Zoya Kidwai (IV G) and Rudradeep Sarkar (V F) won the first prize in Picasso, MSPaint Competition. Shaurya Agarwal (VF) and Abhinav Khetan (VB) also participated in MSWLogo Programming Competition and bagged the first prize.
- DPS Noida won the 1st position in the Western Music Group Choir Competition and 3rd position in the Band performance at Echoes-N and Ninaad, a Performing Arts Festival organised at DPS R.K. Puram by the Performing Arts Society of the school. This event aimed at providing an extensive platform to the students to express their talent through various creative forms.
- 26 students, alongwith two teachers, visited Denmark, as a part of the 4th Indo-Danish Student Exchange Programme 2017-18. The programme was a whirlpool of activities involving learning about the culture, the place and the people. The enthusiastic students visited historical museums, beautiful churches and libraries, to soak in the rich culture of Denmark. They also visited Copenhagen and Berlin where they saw the Berlin Wall, the Reichstag, the Victory Tower and the Holocaust memorial. They came back with a treasure of memories to cherish.
- DPS Noida conducted the prestigious NEET Exam-2018, organized by CBSE. Over 600 students participated the exam.
- 30 enthusiastic member of the Environment Club of DPS Noida visited Goonj, a NGO which undertakes humanitarian and all over the country. They donated various books, clothing materials and a variety of toys for the sake and betterment of India's pastoral regions. Students were made aware of the fact that any type of waste can ultimately be turned into a range of beautiful products by reuse and re-cycling, creating employment and income generation in the process. Students gained the knowledge and life lessons that could never have been inculcated in them through books and will surely treasure those for posterity
- Aishwarya Pandey and Ashna Singhal won the 2nd position at the Hindi debate competition held at Apeejay School, Noida.
- Folk dancers of DPS Noida won an Appreciation Award at the Environment Day celebrations hosted by DPS Greater Noida. students of DPS Noida won Rs.2000/- cash prize.
- 350 students accompanied by 12 teachers of class VI were taken on an educational excursion to the Nehru Planetarium, Teen Murti Bhavan, Delhi. The students got a peek into the life of Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru and learnt about the history of Indian Independence. The highlight of the visit was the cosmic show featuring information about planets and constellations.
May 9 – 10
- GD Goenka Public School, East Delhi, hosted the Goenkan Cricket Cup (Under-11 Boys). The DPS Noida boys team emerged winners and grabbed the winners trophy.
- DPS Noida’s cricket team emerged winners at the GDGPS East Delhi Goenkan Cricket Cup. This was the season 1 tournament for U-11 boys category.
- Ms. Deepika Gulati and Ms. Maneesha Joshi of the Political Science Department attended a two day Capacity building workshop organized by CBSE at DAV school, Sahibabad. The resource person Mr. Ujjawal and Mr. Nand Kishore aimed at training the teachers to take a keen interest in the subject, set balanced question papers and use innovative teaching methodologies.
- The Interact Club in collaboration with the Rotary Club of Noida organized a workshop on Thalassemia for students of class X. The workshop aimed at spreading awareness about thalassemia and the need to be alert and educated about this inherited blood disorder. It was conducted by Rtn. Tejinder in the presence of other esteemed Rotarians.
- DPS Noida bagged the Overall Trophy at Myriad Manifestations, a literary festival organized by DPS Greater Noida. The quizzing team won the third position in a tie breaker round. The debating team and the theatre team also won the 3rd positions in their respective events.
- The Photography Club of DPS Noida ‘The Crew’ won the 1st position at Xino – a photography competition held at DPS Rohini. The club also won two third positions at Digix in the junior photography and movie making categories.
- DPS Noida won First position in two events at ‘Stage Kraft 2018’ held at Sanskriti School, Delhi. Competing against 22 top schools of Delhi NCR, students of Masque, the Theatre Club of DPS Noida outshone all others. Aaroosh Kasal of XI won the first prize in stand up comedy and the theatre club members put up an original stage play ‘ In Memorium of P.K. Girpadi’. In the same event Gurkeerat Singh won the 3rd prize in Stand Up Comedy (Hindi).
- Samridhi Routray of class VIII D attended the German Language Youth Camp held in Bhimtal. As one of the top 20 students in Fit in Deutsch 1 and 2 examination, she was invited to take part in this camp.
- The Career Counselling Cell organized two interactive sessions of Foreign universities for classes XI & XII. Representatives of the University of British Columbia, Canada and Princeton University, USA interacted with the students, giving them an insight into the requirements for admission in their respective universities for the forthcoming session.
- Rushil Khosla was the U-12 Doubles Winner at the National Lawn Tennis Championship held at Mumbai.
- Kavya of class IX won the Best Actress Award at DPS Greater Noida in the event Prem Chand Ki Viraasat for her performance in the stage play ‘ Bade ghar ki Beti’ . The play also won a consolation prize.
- DPS Noida Basketball team (girls) won the U-16 Inter School Basket Ball Tournament at Billabong school, Noida. The defeated the other finalist with a huge margin.
- With an aim to equip students with an ability to remain calm and act judiciously during emergencies, DPS Noida conducted a special assembly on ‘Fire Safety’. A dance performance, highlighting the threat posed by fire also focused on fire as an agent of creation and destruction. The assembly pressed upon the need of having mock drills and equipping homes and schools with fire safety equipment.
- · A series of workshops were organised for the entire staff of DPS Noida as a part of the week long Inservice Programme – Moulding Minds. Mr. Kamalneet Singh held a two hour session on ‘Creating a Positive Class Culture’. This interactive session aimed at giving tips to the teachers on how to make classroom interaction more engrossing for the children. Another workshop by Dr. Roma Kumar focussed on current psychological issues which teachers and students have to deal with on an everyday basis. Two workshops with an objective of instilling positive work ethics in teachers were also organised ‘The Secret portion to Happiness’ and ‘Self Motivation’ by Ms. Nidhi Ahuja, Ms. Neeti Jain and Ms. Ira Sehgal respectively. On the concluding day renowned Speaker Dr. Nandilesh Nilay took the teachers to an journey of introspection by a module on ‘Ethics of a modern day teacher’. This weeklong programme made the teachers reflect on their values, methodologies and arrive at a better understanding of their role through self assessment.
- 7 students of class X, who had excelled at the SMTE in class IX, attended an academic camp at DPS Dwarka. These students attended sessions for Physics, Chemistry, Maths & Biology conducted by eminent faculty. This enriching experience also included a session on cyber world safety and a visit to the Science Museum .
- Dr. Mahesh Sharma, the Union Minister of State for Culture and Minister of State for Environment, Forest and Climate Change, visited Delhi Public School Noida to distribute ‘Exam Warriors’, a book written by hon’ble Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, to students of classes X - XIIth. Dr. Mahesh Sharma urged the students to adopt the 25 holistic mantras encapsulated in this book to counter exam stress and keep their worries at bay. The student representatives thanked him for bestowing them with the book and assured him that they would certainly make it their friend for life and also practice meditation and yoga on a daily basis as suggested by the hon’ble minister
- Sagarika Srivastava of class IX won a trip to France for 10 days for having secured the 1st position in the International French Spell Bee organised by Frehindi. In the keenly contested and highly challenging final round, which was held in New Delhi on 16th January 2018, Sagarika beat the finalists of schools from all over India as well as those of 5 different countries. Her visit to France included classes, cultural visits and participation in a ‘Run for Hunger’ marathon.
- Ms. Aditi Mitra, school counsellor, conducted a session for students and parents of German exchange programme to discuss important aspects of the exchange that need to be kept in mind while travelling to a foreign country. The focus was on the need for effective communication and acting responsibly. Questionnaires were handed out to assess how these students would react under possible difficult situations.
- DPS Noida won the Best Delegation trophy at the MUNQS MUN 2018 at DPS Mathura Road. Ayush Duggal and Pranava Dhar won the Best Delegate Positions and five students were awarded with High Commendation.
- DPS Noida Swimming team created ripples at the UP State Junior Swimming Championship. Navya Singhal was declared the Best Swimmer of the Meet and won 8 Gold medals and made 3 new records. The team won a total of 26 medals that included 16 gold, 03 silver and 07 bronze. Four students were selected to represent U.P in the Junior National Swimming Championship 2018.
- Ms. Harleen Sharma and Ms. Niti Jain, of the Accountancy department attended a two day CBSE workshop-Content Building at Apeejay Public School, Noida. The facilitator, Mr. Gaurav Patia and Mr. S.S.Sehrawat discussed the charges in curriculum, project preparation and use of teaching tools in the classroom.
- Mr. Ashish Singhal of the Maths Department and Ms. Anuradha Benipuri of the English Department were deputed as subject experts for the Selection Committee Meeting at DPS Bulandshahr.